CEU Program: 3-Hour Applications of the Ketogenic Diet in Clinical Settings
Three part lecture series: Assessments, NDKD Design & Clinical Considerations
This three-hour online training with Jess Higgins Kelley, MNT, ONC and Metabolic Approach to Cancer co-author, was designed for the practicing health professional looking to integrate the use of the ketogenic diet for cancer, epilepsy, neurological conditions, and beyond for clients/patients in their practice, or for the nutrition savvy individual who would like to use the ketogenic diet for personal use. This program was filmed live at the Menorah Medical Center in Kansas in February 2020.
Students that take this course will:
- Develop the confidence to safely and effectively integrate the ketogenic diet into their practice with authority
- Troubleshoot common challenges
- Learn clinical considerations
- Understand how to design a ketogenic diet
- Master monitoring and evaluation of ketones and glucose
- Gain confidence looking at various lab markers to help customize dietary nuances for clients/patients
The course is comprised of three (3) online video recordings, handouts, worksheets, and additional resources to support utilizing the ketogenic diet in clinical practice.
For a certificate of completion and four (4) Category I CEUs from the National Association of Nutrition Professionals, the practitioner must demonstrate successful completion of all course materials and assessments.
The ketogenic diet is not intended as a diagnosis, treatment, or cure for any condition and should not substitute regular medical care. Make sure before integrating this diet to consult with your healthcare provider.
The Oncology Nutrition Institute is dedicated to providing the most up to date education for providers and the public on the topic of nutrition and it's relation to the cancer process.